Sunday, October 16, 2011

squash & stout

One of my Fall goals was to learn what my favorite type of squash is. I made it to the farm before it closed on Friday to pick up a nice variety to bake up this weekend. I picked acorn, butternut, spaghetti, sweet dumpling and turban. Here's the experience in photos.

 olive oil, salt & pepper - ready to bake {350 for an hour or so, til tender}

 flipped them over, one half didn't fit. whoops. 
oh, the turban? the turban is a monster. i couldn't even begin to get into that sucker. 
no worries, he makes an even better decoration.

 ready to taste test. squash info...


and the winner was:

the acorn!!
I found the acorn, butternut and sweet dumpling all quite delicious and I'd be happy to cook any of them again. Matt made the final decision of the acorn as the winner. 
I cooked up a yummy pasta, sans the chicken sausage and obviously with squash instead of pumpkin.
topped with cheese, yes please.

yummy salad with spinach, apples, pecans, raisins, baked squash seeds, blue cheese. balsamic/olive oil dressing.


Before you go, one more thing. Squash takes about an hour to cook and it was time for beverage.
Another choice to make, this time which stout to enjoy.
 I picked up these two Rogue's Chocolate Stout and Rip Tide's twisted merciless stout last weekend at Cork & Ale where Matt bought his bottles for brewing.

I went Rogue and was quite happy with my decision. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...