Tuesday, October 11, 2011

dialect meme

How do you say roof?


First I saw Katrina from pugly pixel and then Leigh-Ann from Freckled Nest participate in this fun dialect meme. I knew it was something I wanted to join in on, but I kept putting off because normally when I'm in the blogging mood I look a bit, ahem, disheveled. I'd take a picture but I might scare you away. ;)

Without further ado my dialect video, followed by an introduction. The intro is a minute long and a bit rambley but fun, of course.



To play along:

Say these words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

And answer these questions:
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Katrina has a list of a lot of other bloggers that participated, check it out.


Now for the introduction...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...