1. Black Friday is scary, seriously someone DIED two years ago.
2. Christmas shopping this year will include NEXT weekend, WWSW - Williams Women Shopping Weekend. one of the highlights of the year.
3. Holiday shopping makes me excited for the season and finding "perfect" great gifts.
4. This year my Christmas list will include cozy pants for lounging on the weekends, measuring cups, original art for my walls, a keychain, the things my loved ones know are "just right for me" / "so kate"
5. Bargain hunter, or full price shopper? whatever I find next weekend that's right, I'm so for! hopefully sales though.
6. The best and worst things about shopping is are? The best thing about holiday shopping is an excuse to hang out with family, my oves. The worst thing about shopping is the crowds and inconsiderate fellow shoppers, maybe if I am more considerate (and more hydrated?) it will be a better experience.
7. Online shopper or in-person shopper? I certainly appreciate online shopping, impulse shopping any moment of the day, yes please, but I enjoy in-person shopping a lot for gifts... more in-person shopping than online...
SERIOUSLY Amazing Race WHY?! does someone get a 5.5 hr lead and then they all have to take the same flight?! (over 12 hours later) NOT FAIR! ugh.
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include two dinners, the first nervously meeting a very important family and the second laughing with my lovely family while they meet a very important someone.
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was they are all special, can't choose.
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is I'm going to make some pecan pie... my mum's making the green beans I'm in love with so that's kind of my signature on the meal, even though someone else is signing it.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is the aforementioned green beans, this is their Thanksgiving debut though. Stuffing is my favorite, turkeyday standby!
5. Thanksgiving free association! family, travel, goodness, crisp air, chirstmas is right around the corner, yummy food.
6. Thansgiving is the holiday season kick-off! I love the next seven weeks like no other.
7. I am thankful for new love, family, the holiday season, a great meal, my wonderful home, sweet kitties, a good job, loud laughter, ridiculousness, friends, honesty, caring, silliness, happiness and seeing the beauty of everyday.
thankful for: my orange boots. [not being afraid of color, wearing five different, solid blocks of color today. maybe too much of good thing.]
yesterday my friend posted some christmas music lyrics on facebook, which interestingly caused a debate that it's to soon to even think about xmas vs. we're so full of holiday cheer we need an extra few days to celebrate. i'm definitely in the latter group. (i love that word, even though (or maybe because) i always go back and reread the latter statement to double check i understood correctly.)
i haven't always been this way. i remember about six years ago being disgusted that they couldn't even wait until the day after thanksgiving to start in on the christmas music. but this year i'm ready for the holiday season already! maybe it's because life moves faster now and i want time to enjoy my holiday decorations. maybe it's because i have my own home to decorate and love displaying my special seasonal items. maybe it's because i decorated for halloween in mid-september and i'm ready for something new. whatever the reason, the holiday spirit bug has bitten me. i'm excited. i won't pull out the decorations until after thanksgiving, but i can dream (and start on/gather little projects)to my hearts content
1. The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was I'm not really very spontaneous... this is a goal i guess, do one ridiculously spontaneous thing before the end of the year.
2. The best gift I've ever received was tangible gift: I can't think of a gift I haven't loved. intangible: unconditional love.
3. A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was when I realize that it doesn't have to be so difficult, it just is. I'm glad I remembered that.
4. I can't leave the house without keys, cellphone, camera.
5. My favorite day of the week is Saturdaybecause it can go whatever way you want. You can stay in bed all day and still have tomorrow to be productive, you could drive a thousand miles just to have breakfast someplace new, it's whatever you want it to be.
6. Something that can always make me laugh is my kitties, my family, Matt.
7. My perfect day would include snuggling in the morning, spending the day out on the boat with the fam, then having the rest of my favorite people over for a dinner party, and a bon fire in the backyard. full of love and overflowing with laughter.
What are your plans this weekend? Oh this weekend, well I wont' be doing much of that or will I. Tonight girls dinner & pedicure with the DC gals, tomorrow spending the day/weekend with Matt I think, and Sunday well maybe we'll be in Iowa and driving home after breakfast.
last week i spent not one night in the kitchen or two, but FOUR nights in the kitchen cooking. some new things, some traditional easy peasy nachos. (not there were peas in them, that'd be gross. i dislike peas.)
here's a little peak into my kitchen.
mint from my garden!
and a homegrown pepper
i did not grow that squash but i'm growing ridiculously fond of this person. <3
for this recipe, butternut squash pizza. mmm.
i'm feeling a tug to do a blog post and keep at this but was lacking inspiration. so i hoped on over to weheartit and found this sweet little kitty. (and of course the link is dead two years later.)
here's an adorable one of Sam
it worked and now i can a list of things i'm looking forward to:
* snuggling up with my cute new beau
* seeing my sweet kitties
* eating something yummy for dinner
* girls' night in midland with my delta pals
* striving to be women's bowler of the week, my teammates have already achieved it
* tacos for dinner tomorrow
* starting to decorate for the holidays too early
* making plans
last year when i purchased two calendars for my [new] home i didn't realize how much i would love them, how much i would love revealing the new month's surprise. so when decor8 did their "2011 calendar round-up" i was pretty excited.
starting with, thankful for: feeling whole and goal filled!
* stick to goals, track them. be awesome. (maybe stop watching SO much how i met your mother. yeah right.)
* limit sugar. no candied sugar from eleven/five to eleven/twelve.
* be early for work. (get lunch around night before. get up at 6:20. have clothes ready.)
* make a great christmas list
* drink more water. (64oz/day. if i'm up for 10 hours a day. i should try to drink 6oz every hour...)
* cook (i feel so excited about the three four new recipes in my kitchen this week!)
* get fit. write. take pictures. per usual.
* love it and live it all fully. embrace it.
looking back at ocotober:
1. go to the gym or a workout class TWICE a week! - inconsistently but i was sore more times this month than i've probably been all year. 2. write. share. - journaled for myself. facebooked, does that count as sharing? :) 3. walk once a week. - not how i planned. 4. read. finished one book, skipped around another. 5. make a new friend. - oh yeah! 6. love your old friends. for sure! 7. talk less. listen more. think before you speak. - eh. i'm not as good at this as i think i should be. but it's me. 8. sew. - hahaha. 9. be neat. - so good on this one!! 10. find the balance. - ongoing, as it should be.
...i'm finally feeling back to where i should be after the summer debacle. i'm not sure what i'm doing with my life, but at least i'm moving on from that unhealthy bit of it.