it's been six months since i started bookmarking inspiration - the only thing i was good at for style school! and i have so much. the two-five is just a month away and there is much to do (big party/open house the day before). i think boiling the inspiration down is a great place to start.
blue bedroom, original art (kelly rae) . that color! the painted globe... . know you, love you . family art wall (rachel)
i really, really love the pieces of original art and how rachel displays them. i think i'm going to take the art that inspires me and create my own version. my personal version. because that's what i can do at this point, i absolutely want to purchase original pieces some day but that's in the budget at this point.
clockwise | life itself is a most wonderful fairytale . branch . Manny Rodriques (via decor8) . twain quote
i wound up with a house that has more shelves than even i can use, including a library! i love the idea of a quote there, in playing with the ideas of painted shelves, and have an amazing curly cue tree that is losing it's branches!
to do & more links!
- hit garage sales this weekend to find goodies, even if temporary, for shelves! (oh my goodness! or wonderful plates to stencil) or fun projects with flash cards!
- take camera and go on letter hunt!
- buy handles for side table. not very functional if you can't open the drawers!
- magazine holders. seriously.
- buy wonderful sewing machine with table. for tv wall!! (seriously, ten bucks how can you pass it up?!)
- i love the use of these spools as a hose hanger.
i think my next step will be making a real to do list for all these projects and figuring out when everything can and needs to be done!