Saturday, January 8, 2011

months to go

 mine.
 
Sunday night all I wanted were flipflops and pretty skirts and freckles popping and sunshine on my face.  
Summer. Complete and absolute summer. 
It's the holiday crash. The thought of months of cold, gray melting snow, icy roads and cold toes. 
And I'm a winter lover, can you imagine the poor folk that despise it. 

And apparently I'm not the only one.

1.   Winter is beautiful mostly, but long and chilly and melting, dirty snow is a total buzz kill.

2.  Summer is sunshine and freckles, boatrides and bonfires, longer days and a beautiful yard.

3.  If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd be sitting in the back yard, recovering from yardwork with an ice cold beer, or wandering around downtown.

4.  My favorite thing to do in winter is celebrate the holidays, snuggle up and watch tv or movies.

5.  My favorite thing to do in summer is wandering downtown, boating or sitting in my backyard. 

6.  The ideal outfit for a sunny summer day is flipflops, a pretty skirt or jeanshorts, and a light tank.

7.  The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is pajamas and a blanket on the couch. If I MUST go outside jeans, boots, heavy sweater, long jacket, scarf, and hat. So many clothes. 
But it's what, 5 months til May when I finally feel like summer is almost really here. bummer. I suppose for now, I will dream. And plan: http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2011/01/a-time-to-plan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...