Friday, July 8, 2011

It's a SUMMER LOVE FEST!

Have you noticed how Lisa Leonard redoes her mantle every season/holiday? She has some really neat ideas and great pops of color!  
Great summer feel right?
Well I do something similar with my dining room table (and usually the buffet, but I'm not super pleased yet.).
white table cloth, pretty place mats {placemats is two words?}, chip&dip bowl, juice carafe with flowers. nice and bright!
Of course I'm loving hula seventy's 100 things to love about summer. 

some favorites: 1. daisies 6. lightning bugs 7. sidewalk chalk 10. sunflower fields 20. carnival food 31. barbecues 66. the scent of fresh cut grass 54. roller coasters   and 55. ferris wheels


And it's Friday, so it's time for!

1.   My plans this summer include  birthday weekend, then our first TOTALLY free weekend since April, BOAT WEEKEND, then it looks like a relatively free and easy August. Not that every weekend hasn't been lovely in it's own way but it's overwhelming to have plans every weekend for MONTHS! 
uncle's Wedding Invitation Photo/the big red boat's first summer on the water. Summer 2006.

2.  The best summer I ever had was I still think back to the summers growing up on the lake, seven or eight, I loved that time, playing mermaids all day, bonfires at night, boardgames on rainy days. lovely. I think this summer is shaping up to be a pretty solid one though too, in love, lots of fun (even though we're kind of busy :), and yeah. It's just good. 
on the ferris wheel last saturday. can you tell how f'ing hot it was? poor kid was miserable. <3we soon left the park for beers and appy-apps.

3.  Summer is  my birthday, fireworks, boat rides, days at the lake, outdoor dining, SUNSHINE, love, green and blue, everything, what we survive Michigan winters for, dresses, FLIP FLOPS. 
 flip flops on a Lake Michigan beach. summer 2010.


4.  My favorite summer food is ribs, corn on the cob, green beans slightly charred on the grill, hot dogs, S'MORES, burgers, TOMATOES, mmm Summer. 

 let's hope they make an appearance before October this year!

5.  The best way to quench a summer thirst is with  crisp beer right out of the fridge our cooler. I'm particularly loving Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, there's a hint of blueberries. mmm. I'm definitely looking forward to margaritas on the dock tonight at tikitaki. non-a, lemonades and iced tea please.


6.  My summer uniform consists of flipflops are such a staple, I'm telling you as long as I have flips on, I'm happier. Skirts, dresses, shorts, the ushe.

7.  The best thing about summer is  the sunshine, the freckles, the more carefree, let's take it slow attitude it brings, and of course the good summer eats. <3 so much love for and about summer.


freckled knees. summer 2010.

1 comment:

AMY said...

Great answers....and Love the flipflops picture!
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...