Sunday, June 6, 2010

worry. happy.

Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago? How did they work out? Didn’t you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn’t most of them turn out all right after all?”  Dale Carnegie (via the messes i make)

2009. finding a job in within 5.5 hours of home.
2008. finding a job and apartment in new york.
2007. finding a job in bay city.
2006. ending work at delphi. enjoying the summer, getting ready to travel with mom.
2005. being newly single.

well that's not what i excpected it to be. i didn't realize for the past three springs i have been job hunting. or that this is my first fully employed spring of my 24 years. this is my first spring when big changes aren't taking place. i'm trying to find a balance of work, friendship and self.

when are you happiest?

some answers from friends:


When I'm by myself being quiet. 
When I'm on an adventure, learning something new, discovering. 
When my kitty is so happy to see me, after an ass kicking workout, shopping and snuggling with someone special.

I absolutely identify with all those, but most of all by myself, being quiet. At least, right now, I think that's what I need to focus on the most. Because I much as I think I know what I want, sometimes I realize that I'm not really sure. I'm pretty good at doing that and think I need to start making more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...